Wednesday 20 July 2016

China - Day 178

I arrived back from Dandong on the early morning train and prepared for my lessons later on in the day. Then I drove the 2 min motorbike ride to ShiYan to pick up my new contract. Before I left for Dandong I had already to re-sign an amended 12 month contract that will give me two months off on unpaid leave from 1st August up to when I get back from the UK on 2nd October. I also collected two signed reference letters. These will assist me in my search for a new contract at a new school during the summer break.

While I was at ShiYan I was informed that my classes for this afternoon had been cancelled due to the rain that had forecast for later in the day. I drove over to LingHe for a practice session of 'Three Little Pigs'. On July 31st I will be reading this story to an audience of about 1000 people in a hall at Bohai University. The story will be broken down into sections, recorded live and narrated and translated in 20 second bursts and simultaneously broadcast to mobile phones using WeChat (bit like WhatsApp).

The practice session went well but there was a problem with the WiFi connection on my phone and there will have to be more practice sessions at the school and at the University before the big day

No comments:

Post a Comment