Saturday 17 June 2017

China - Day 505 - Wedding day

Up really early to get over to the marriage registration office - Yingying and I in the back of the car, her brother and her father in the front


I have been told that this is the only marriage registration office in Harbin that will register marriages with foreigners. We saw some Japanese/Chinese couples and one Russian/Chinese couple there while we were waiting



When it was our turn we had to hand over the right documents for photocopy and checking, then we signed and it was all over!


So we got back in the car and went straight to the reception which had been scheduled for 1200 start at a restaurant right by the gates to parents compound



I think I said something like this........."A warm welcome to everyone. We are very happy that everybody has made the effort to come here today. I am sorry that my Chinese is not very good but one day I hope it will be perfect. I love her and she loves me too and today I am the bridegroom and she is the bride. Without the Communist Party there would be no new China! Hearty thanks to all!"




Then there was a lot of eating and drinking. I left early to go back to parents apartment to collapse in an exhausted heap



No comments:

Post a Comment